Monday, December 28, 2009

Sports Wives by Destiny Blaine


Love, Lust, and Scandal in Professional Football
Sports Wives One

Blurb:
Cassie Teller is a woman who appears to live a simple life. But look beyond the surface and discover a complicated lady with very scandalous secrets as two incredibly sexy men bide for her love and everything that goes along with her affection.


Excerpt:


The phone rang during the Pittsburgh and Minnesota game. I happened to knock it off the hook or else I wouldn’t have answered it. On the other end, I heard a familiar voice.
Steve, also known as my best friend with sexual benefits, tripped over his words and I barely paid attention to anything he said. I just knew he crashed my private party looking for a little roll in the hay. Immediately on guard, I went from zero to bitch in three point seven seconds. He called, after all, to interrupt my favorite pastime.
“Steve, what are you doing? It’s not even half-time yet.” The words flipped off my tongue.
Lucky for me, he didn’t notice because he, in fact, called with some pretty great news.
“Cassie, you are going to owe me the best blow in the world for this one, baby. I have tickets to the Christmas Eve Cleveland and Pittsburgh game and I wanted to see if you’ve ever been to Cleveland?”
“Why? Do you need directions?” I crammed a handful of popcorn in my mouth.
“Smart-ass. No, I don’t. Wanna go?”
I almost fell over. Then, I almost dropped the phone. I’m not lying to you. I was that damn excited. “Steve, are you asking me out on a date or do you want me to ride with you just to be sure you can make it to Cleveland?”
I tried not to let my enthusiasm pour through the phone. Touchdown Pittsburgh. “Minnesota sucks,” I said as I rejoined the conversation already in full swing on the other end of the phone.
“Look, kiddo, Mandy’s going too. She really likes you and would love to get to know you better. So how about it? Wanna take a ride up to Cleveland with us?”
Mandy. The very mention of the woman’s name just sent shivers down my spine. Mandy was everything I wasn’t. She had long black hair and a shapely body that sent most men into orbit every time she swayed into the room—and could Mandy ever sway with those curvaceous hips. I, on the other hand, never possessed what someone would call curves, and outside of the great tits I carried around, my body defined ordinary and owned the term skinny.
“So, will I be chauffeuring you and the lovely Mandy to the gate because I know you didn’t land three tickets?”
Steve laughed. “Honey, as much as you love football, if I only had one ticket, you’d be the one to sit in the stands.”
I waited for a more direct response. Actually, I dreaded the whole truth. I felt confident it existed along with some underlying motive.
“I have two tickets, so you and Mandy are going to the game.”
“When hell freezes over.” I couldn’t think of anything else to say. I actually meant it.
“Aren’t you the least bit excited?” Steve pressed on. I wasn’t surprised. He always pressed on—in bed, in life, in phone sex. Persistent as hell—he served his gender well.
He also loved to rub Mandy in my face—not in the literal sense, of course. Thank heavens. After all, I’d always suspected he wanted a threesome, with me included in the trio. In fact, the dreaded day when he might bring it up seemed to loom with the sudden invitation.
I sighed. “I’m about as excited as I would be to land in bed with both you and Mandy.”
Without missing a beat, Steve perked right up. “Now there’s a great idea!”
I moaned and my stomach churned when I caught a five-second visual. I cursed my mind’s eye and caught the end of our good-byes.
“Call me tomorrow.” One thing about it, Steve knew how to leave a girl with a smile.
I finished the last drop of hot cocoa and decided to make a hot toddy to finish out the game. Pittsburgh won 18-3 and I won five hundred dollars just like I usually did when I bet on Pittsburgh. The following week would be time for a big payday and, with any luck, I’d run into one of those sexy boys from the keystone state.
I began to imagine what he’d look like and had quite the fantasy going on too. He’d fall madly in love with me when he’d spot me. He’d be ready to miss the kickoff just to stay locked in my gaze. We’d just click. Kind of like Steve and I clicked, only without the Mandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment