Saturday, December 1, 2012

To Have A Human by Amber Kell

 Sometimes it’s the family you choose that loves you the most.
   
    Carey Gale always knew about shifters. It was difficult not to know when your best friends could turn into some of the deadliest beasts. When he gets a daytime job to support his band working at a shifter owned business, he doesn’t expect to fall hopelessly in lust with Broden Lyall, the company’s alpha. Sadly, Broden thinks little of humans. He considers them helpless and weak. But when hunters come after Carey’s friends, Broden learns that not all humans are alike, and he will do anything to have one slim, blond human.

http://www.extasybooks.com/to-have-a-human/

“I hear they have a great selection of imported beer,” a deep voice spoke up behind him.
Carey turned to see six-foot plus of lush shifter goodness. The man’s dark eyes scanned Carey as if he were a favorite treat and the stranger wanted a bite. Midnight hair cut short, but long enough for a good grip, sent several hot scenarios rushing through Carey’s brain.
Work was over, it was time to play.
Carey let his gaze slide all over the delicious man. Cat shifter, would be Carey’s guess. “Can I buy you a drink?”
Carey nodded toward the bartender.
“I’d rather just take you home and fuck your brains out.” The man didn’t even blink while he uttered his outrageous pronouncement.
“Hmm, a direct kind of guy, I like that. But I never go home with anyone if I haven’t tasted the goods first, not to mention I don’t even know your name,” Carey said pointedly.
Laughter looked good on the guy. Big, tall and intense, he probably didn’t laugh half as much as he should.
“Forgive me. I got sidetracked by your half-naked body. I’m Broden Lyall.”
“Carey Gale. And I object to the half-naked thing. My shirt is still on.” Unbuttoned all the way to expose Carey’s body, but still on. Eaton was the exhibitionist of the band.
“Barely.” Broden slid one long finger down Carey’s six-pack abs. “I hope you don’t think I was objecting.” His trail ended at the top of Carey’s jeans. He hooked a finger through the front belt loop and yanked Carey closer until their groins touched.
An embarrassing whimper left Carey’s throat. The man smelled like something wild and delicious. Carey could feel the man’s heat through his thin shirt.
“I’m a bit sweaty,” Carey protested weakly as he locked his knees to stop from tumbling to an inelegant heap at Broden’s feet.
“I like sweaty,” Broden growled. “It makes me want to lick you all over.”
Carey’s cock hardened. He had never been so turned on by someone so quickly before. He didn’t generally pick men up at bars, but Broden was going to be the exception.
Broden’s nose twitched before he pinned Carey with a predatory expression. “I see you like that idea, too.”
Carey tilted his head submissively as he felt Broden’s erection harden against him.
“You know what I am,” Broden whispered.
“I’m guessing cat of some kind,” Carey replied.
“And you’re not scared.” Broden searched Carey’s face as if trying to catch him in a lie.
“Nope. Kiss me,” Carey demanded.
Broden captured Carey’s lips without hesitation—tasting, licking, conquering Carey’s mouth. Heat flashed through him like a flamethrower had scorched his insides. It took all his resolve not to climb the man like a tree and hump against him in front of the entire bar. When they broke apart, panting replaced words for a minute.
“How’s that for a sample?” Broden asked. His wet lips distracted Carey who yearned for another kiss.
“Um…it’ll do,” Carey managed to say once he realized Broden was waiting for an answer. He licked his lips to belie his words. Damn the man tasted good!

--
Amber Kell
Sit down and have a little read

No comments:

Post a Comment