Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vampire Wanted by Amber Kell

Buy link

Blurb:

When Nick unwittingly picks up a vampire for his one-night fling, little does he know Damian has no plans of ever letting him go. Now with an overprotective lover, Nick has to find a way to save his friend from a young vampire holding a grudge.

Excerpt:

I met him at a bar. He was every cliché come to life. Tall, dark, handsome, and he looked at me like I was the one he'd waited for all his life. If I hadn't been so damn lonely, caution would've kept me away, but I was drunk, maudlin, and did I mention he was gorgeous?

Our coupling was fast, furious, and ended with him biting me on the neck. That was the last thing I remember before I lost consciousness.


"Come on, come on. You have to wake up before he returns." A soft, pleading voice broke through my sleep-shrouded mind.

I struggled to awaken and open my eyes. Blinking rapidly, I tried to make out shapes and forms from the solid darkness.

"That's it. Open those beautiful eyes. You can do it." The soft whispers continued as I felt hands tentatively touching my body.

Pushing myself up, I turned my head toward the voice. A young, slim blond, who looked to be in his early twenties, leaned over me. As my eyes adjusted to the dim morning light, I could see his troubled expression.

"Who are you?"

"We don't have time for introductions. We've got to get you out of here."

I didn't stop to ask him why; my mind was too clouded to understand anything more. I flipped off my covers and swung my feet over the side of the bed. Modesty wasn't a trait I had. The skinny guy averted his eyes and handed over my clothes, still not looking.

"Relax, honey. I'm not going to jump you." I slipped on my pants and shirt and was searching for my socks and shoes when I heard the front door slam open.

I quickly slipped on my footwear and followed the cute blond into the living room.

My supposed rescuer flinched as my hookup from the night before strode toward us carrying a bag that looked suspiciously like pastries.

Yum.

"Hey, babe." I greeted him with a smile. "Blondie here seems to think I should run off without my goodbye kiss."

I had no trouble tossing the blond to the wolf.

My dark-haired love god glared at the kid.

"John. Why are you trying to scare my guest?" Damian's voice rolled across my skin like liquid sex. I grew hard at the sound as I remembered the night before and the hot words he muttered against my skin as he plunged into me.

I held back the moan aching to break free. Snatching the pastry bag out of his hands, I placed a soft kiss on Damian's cheek as I passed.

Opening up the sack, I inhaled the scent of flaky, buttery croissants. This time I let the moan break free.

"Damn these smell good."

"You're just going to let him buy you off with baked goods?" John asked. He didn't even bother to hide his scorn.

I shrugged, not the least offended. "What can I say? I'm easy."



--
Amber Kell
Sit down and have a little read

http://amberkell.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment