Monday, June 27, 2011

Getting Gabe by Amber Kell

BLURB:
Unaware he has werewolf DNA, Gabriel is stunned to learn after an attack that not only will he change into a wolf but that two fae warriors are his mates. Now he has to help his men find the scientist who is creating the mutants before his new formula hits the streets.

Buy link

Coming July 9, 2011

EXCERPT:
"Marry me."

"Hell no!" Gabe looked horrified at his best friend Faith Jerrod. She was sitting on his kitchen counter eating ice cream out of a coffee cup because, as usual, all his bowls were dirty. Her dark hair was swept up in a ponytail and her brown eyes danced with humor as she looked at him.

"Aw, come on Gabe, you're the perfect guy. You cook, you clean, and you even pick up your own underwear."

"I fuck guys."

Faith shrugged as if the matter were inconsequential. "So you have one minor flaw."

Gabe laughed as he scraped the last of the ice cream out of the carton and dumped it into a cup of his own. "It might put a damper on your sex life." After tossing the container he took a bite of chocolate fudge chunky ice cream, closing his eyes with bliss as the creamy flavor filled his mouth. Faith's voice broke into his momentary obsession of chasing the little brownie bits around with his tongue.

"Not with the guys I've been dating lately and seriously, are all the architects at our firm gay or what?"

"That would be a statistical improbability. Besides, it would be discriminatory to hire someone based on sexual preference."

"Yeah, but if they never ask they can't be prosecuted."

Gabe did a quick mental review of all the architects in the firm. "I think a majority of them are gay, but you know I've never had a very good sense about those things. A guy practically has to write he's interested in glowing letters on his ass before I know he wants to date."

"True," Faith giggled. "Very true. Remember Nicky? He sent you flowers for a week in order to get your attention."

"Yeah, he was really romantic," Gabe sighed. "But bad in bed. No chemistry whatsoever."

"What about Anthony?"

"The boss?" Gabe shuddered. "I think his boyfriend is the local godfather or something, he always has those big thugs following him around. Besides Anthony makes me nervous, there's something seriously off about that guy."

Gabe suspected Anthony was a shape shifter, or wizard, or something otherkin. His grandmother told him all about the otherworldly when he was a child, with bedtime stories of fantastic faery tales. She especially loved the werekin. As he got older he'd seen enough strange things in his life to know truth lived in his grandmother's tales.

"I think he's sweet," Faith said, loyally. "Whenever I ask for time off he always approves it, and last year when my mother needed surgery he paid the hospital bills."

"I didn't say he wasn't a good boss. I said he's scary. He has freaky eyes, and have you met the new consultant? What kind of guy works only at night? Skin disease my ass, he just likes to sleep in. We work for a weird bunch, Faith. One day we're going to hear on the news that they're all space aliens or something."

Faith giggled. "I think you're just mad because we're in an office of hot guys and none of them will give either of us the time of day."

He reluctantly smiled. "Maybe. But you know who I think is the hottest?"

"Who?" Faith leaned forward, intent on Gabe's answer.

"I saw this guy visiting Anthony once, his name was Dare. God, I'd love to lick those muscles."

"What happened?"

Gabe shrugged. "Nothing. I smiled at him. He patted me on the back like I was his new best friend and then the guy with him, who I guess was his boyfriend, looked at me like he wanted to rip off my head and beat me with it. Why are the best ones always taken by assholes?"

"Maybe he's just protective."

Gabe remembered the adoring look Dare's boyfriend had given the friendly man. "Maybe, but I'd like a man like that."

"Like what?"

"Fine looking and friendly. That's not too much to ask is it?"

"What about in bed?"

"If he's gorgeous, he'll be good in bed."

"How do you figure?"

"Practice. Anyone that good looking has got to have had a lot of practice."

Faith clacked her spoon against his.

"Touche."

http://amberkell.wordpress.com/




--
Amber Kell
Sit down and have a little read

No comments:

Post a Comment