Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sports Wives Volume 1 by Destiny Blaine

Blurb and Excerpts for Sports Wives


Love, Lust, and Scandal in Professional Football
Sports Wives One

Blurb:
Cassie Teller is a woman who appears to live a simple life. But look beyond the surface and discover a complicated lady with very scandalous secrets as two incredibly sexy men bide for her love and everything that goes along with her affection.


Excerpt:


The phone rang during the Pittsburgh and Minnesota game. I happened to knock it off the hook or else I wouldn’t have answered it. On the other end, I heard a familiar voice.
Steve, also known as my best friend with sexual benefits, tripped over his words and I barely paid attention to anything he said. I just knew he crashed my private party looking for a little roll in the hay. Immediately on guard, I went from zero to bitch in three point seven seconds. He called, after all, to interrupt my favorite pastime.
“Steve, what are you doing? It’s not even half-time yet.” The words flipped off my tongue.
Lucky for me, he didn’t notice because he, in fact, called with some pretty great news.
“Cassie, you are going to owe me the best blow in the world for this one, baby. I have tickets to the Christmas Eve Cleveland and Pittsburgh game and I wanted to see if you’ve ever been to Cleveland?”
“Why? Do you need directions?” I crammed a handful of popcorn in my mouth.
“Smart-ass. No, I don’t. Wanna go?”
I almost fell over. Then, I almost dropped the phone. I’m not lying to you. I was that damn excited. “Steve, are you asking me out on a date or do you want me to ride with you just to be sure you can make it to Cleveland?”
I tried not to let my enthusiasm pour through the phone. Touchdown Pittsburgh. “Minnesota sucks,” I said as I rejoined the conversation already in full swing on the other end of the phone.
“Look, kiddo, Mandy’s going too. She really likes you and would love to get to know you better. So how about it? Wanna take a ride up to Cleveland with us?”
Mandy. The very mention of the woman’s name just sent shivers down my spine. Mandy was everything I wasn’t. She had long black hair and a shapely body that sent most men into orbit every time she swayed into the room—and could Mandy ever sway with those curvaceous hips. I, on the other hand, never possessed what someone would call curves, and outside of the great tits I carried around, my body defined ordinary and owned the term skinny.
“So, will I be chauffeuring you and the lovely Mandy to the gate because I know you didn’t land three tickets?”
Steve laughed. “Honey, as much as you love football, if I only had one ticket, you’d be the one to sit in the stands.”
I waited for a more direct response. Actually, I dreaded the whole truth. I felt confident it existed along with some underlying motive.
“I have two tickets, so you and Mandy are going to the game.”
“When hell freezes over.” I couldn’t think of anything else to say. I actually meant it.
“Aren’t you the least bit excited?” Steve pressed on. I wasn’t surprised. He always pressed on—in bed, in life, in phone sex. Persistent as hell—he served his gender well.
He also loved to rub Mandy in my face—not in the literal sense, of course. Thank heavens. After all, I’d always suspected he wanted a threesome, with me included in the trio. In fact, the dreaded day when he might bring it up seemed to loom with the sudden invitation.
I sighed. “I’m about as excited as I would be to land in bed with both you and Mandy.”
Without missing a beat, Steve perked right up. “Now there’s a great idea!”
I moaned and my stomach churned when I caught a five-second visual. I cursed my mind’s eye and caught the end of our good-byes.
“Call me tomorrow.” One thing about it, Steve knew how to leave a girl with a smile.
I finished the last drop of hot cocoa and decided to make a hot toddy to finish out the game. Pittsburgh won 18-3 and I won five hundred dollars just like I usually did when I bet on Pittsburgh. The following week would be time for a big payday and, with any luck, I’d run into one of those sexy boys from the keystone state.
I began to imagine what he’d look like and had quite the fantasy going on too. He’d fall madly in love with me when he’d spot me. He’d be ready to miss the kickoff just to stay locked in my gaze. We’d just click. Kind of like Steve and I clicked, only without the Mandy.
Lust Knows No Boundaries
Sports Wives Two




Blurb:
There's unconditional love and there's obsessive love. In a love triangle, sometimes there's a little of both--and it can complicate a marriage.

Excerpt:

Corby stepped inside with a tray of burgers in his hands. “Gorgeous woman.” His eyes twinkled and his lips curved into a seductive, if not appreciative smile.
“Hunk of a man.” Suzy batted her eyes and flirted openly with my husband.
Mark laughed. “I swear man, I’d kill you if you weren’t my best friend.” He swatted Suzy on the ass. “Behave yourself.”
Suzy twisted her little ass around the kitchen like she so ultimately belonged there as much as I did. “I will,” She teased back before whispering in my ear, “If you will.”
I turned around to steal a good look at her face. Sure enough, the evidence of alcohol existed in her eyes. I let her taunting pass. She could drink herself into another world but she wasn’t going to tug me there with her.
Mark pulled out a chair for both of us as we all sat down for dinner and he immediately looked from Corby to me and back to Corby again. “It’s good to see you both looking so great again.”
Suzy took a sip of wine and then noted the obvious. “Yeah babe, it’s amazing what a little sex will do for a man.”
Mark rolled his eyes and I caught the gesture. “Oh I don’t know baby,” he began to slur in mockery of his wife, “sometimes living without it is better than living with it. Just depends on the partner I guess.” His eyes quickly drifted over to me and he ran a slow tongue over his bottom lip. “What do you think Mrs. Teller?”
Corby shot him a warning. “You and Suzy behave. This conversation is off limits at the dinner table.”
So the real truth begins to unravel. Suzy’s happily ever after with Mark must’ve hit a snag. It was something I wouldn’t know anything about since the three of them ran around town now without me.
One thing I learned early on, Mark didn’t take a lot of shit off of his wife. After a few glares and stares, Suzy made the mistake of opening her mouth.
“So you had a good night last night, hmm?” She looked at Corby with nothing more than pure lust in her eyes. I should’ve kicked her out of my house or at least asked her if she wanted to fuck him now or later.
Corby took a bite of his burger and after a chew or two, he swallowed and took a gulp of his beer. “Not bad, Suzy. How was your night?”
Throwing her head back, she laughed out loud. “Probably not near as exciting as yours.” Her eyes darkened and her lips formed a smile most women would recognize.
She had something over on Corby and he damn near choked on it. He squirmed in his chair and a first bead of sweat bubbled on his forehead.
She should’ve shut up while she had a good piece of meat to place between her pouty lips but she didn’t. “Why don’t you two lovebirds just spill all of your dirty little secrets.”
Mark became agitated on command. “Suzy’s rubber man lost his dick in the move so she’s not having a good week. You two just ignore her. She’ll sober up by morning.”
Corby almost sprayed his beer forward and had to get up from the table to keep from losing it. I snickered and Suzy’s eyes met mine. She reached for the bottle of wine and poured herself another glass.
“What’s so funny Corby?” She directed her question to him but held me in her gaze.
Corby grabbed a paper towel and sat back down wiping at his mouth. “The rubber man thing always gets my attention. Sorry, I just don’t see the thrill.”
Smugly, Mark sat back in his chair with his arms crossed. “I didn’t either. It’s a sad day when a rubber doll with a shaft smaller than mine gets more rides than the real thing. So I fixed the problem.”

Sexy is Never Ignored
Sports Wives Three



Blurb:

He is Sports and Entertainment World's Man of the Year. She is the woman lucky enough to marry the highest paid quarterback in the history of the Professional Football Confederacy, but Cassie Teller's luck doesn't stop there.

Excerpt:

Corby raised his glass and slowly tilted the rim in my direction. Our eyes held in a fixated trance across the crowded room. He brought the champagne flute to his lips ready to drink in the celebration.
He sipped and… he missed. Sometimes irony has peculiar timing.
I love two men. One took my virginity and the other is my husband, professional football player, Corby Teller. He’s responsible, in a sense, for the mass confusion in my personal life.
Thanks to Corby’s single-handed manipulation, Steve now lives with us. He’s the one who snatched my purity and claimed bragging rights many years ago. Yes, it’s an unconventional, if not kinky, arrangement. If some of the people I sit alongside tonight even suspected, they’d toss me out on my skinny ass. Instead, they shower kisses on my cheeks and fill my ears with compliments.
These are the same people who slandered my name only months earlier. The same men who wanted to grope me whenever they thought my husband and their wives looked the other way.
Before Steve moved in, the tabloids dubbed me the gold digger, an adulteress, a siren. Corby remains unscathed to this day. If the press only knew the truth. Of course, I’m not breathing a word to anyone. One slip in these circles and a couple can kiss multi-million dollar careers good-bye. I have a stiff upper lip and the truth is, I’m somewhat amused. Somehow our private lives have gone unnoticed.
If the public knew more about our private lives, and our intimate arrangement, the name-calling would gain some momentum. Tonight, at least for the moment, Corby Teller—my husband—is Sports and Entertainment World’s Man of the Year.
The silent toast in my direction is symbolic. We’ve made it. We’ve arrived. We are the Tellers. The champagne spilled will go unnoticed but my very public affair never will. Because Corby Teller is Corby Teller, our threesome will never leak to the public, even if a reporter suspects it. Corby is flawless even with slight imperfections. People love him enough to look the other way.
Corby’s beautiful green eyes carry me to the edge of escape and then lock me into a wager of sorts. Down deep, he knows he deserves everything he’s receiving and at the same time, nothing at all. At least, not on this magnitude, most of those voting on Man of the Year might agree.
My name is Cassie Teller. My story is one few will ever believe, but most would move closer just to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment